California's official source for college and career planning, CaliforniaColleges.edu, is a one-stop informational resource for students considering their post-secondary options.
Students can create individual profiles on the site, where they can store information relevant to each step in their own personal college and career planning process (which colleges match their criteria, offer the major they are looking for, etc.), as well as portfolio documents like letters of recommendation, resumés, and commendations or awards.
Tools on this site allow students to:
- Explore potential careers
- Search for colleges
- Create a college financing plan
- Log community service, work and extracurricular experiences
- Launch and track applications to both the California State University and California Community Colleges
- Students save careers, majors and colleges of interest in their "My Plan" portfolio.
- Tools on this site allow educators to:
- Review individual students' activities and plans
- Manage student accounts
- Report on students' activities in the aggregate
- Send messages, create events and assign tasks for individual or groups of students
JUSD is a partner district with CaliforniaColleges.edu's parent organization - the California College Guidance Initiative. Students in grades 7-12 in partner districts must register their account when accessing CaliforniaColleges.edu for the first time. By registering the account, students will be able to set up their password and take advantage of the additional services available to students in a partner district. To register an account:
- Click on the LOCK icon in the upper right-hand corner of the homepage.
- Click on Register Account.
- Complete registration.
- Create password.
Students will need to provide the following information:
- Name of the district (Jurupa Unified)
- Name of school
- Student ID #
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- district email address