Substitute Teacher Information
Effective November 1, 2021 the Substitute Teacher rate of pay has increased.
- All Resident Subs will earn $235 per day
- Day to Day Substitute Teachers will earn $210 per day
- After 15 consecutive days for the same teacher, the rate of pay will increase from $210 to $235 per day
- All fully credentialed substitute teachers will earn $235 per day
Please include with your employment application the following materials;
Copy of your valid teaching credential or 30-Day Substitute Permit (if applicable)
Copies of your transcripts posting your Bachelor’s degree or 90 semester units and current enrollment to complete your bachelor's degree (official transcripts will be requested at time of hire).
- Basic Skills Requirement (BSR) met through one of the following: (Click Here for Details)
- Copy of your passing CBEST card
- BSR met through coursework
- BSR met by coursework and exam
- Pass the CSET: Multiple Subjects plus Writing Skills Examination
- Pass the CSU Early Assessment Program or the CSU Placement Examinations
- Achieve qualifying score on the SAT or ACT
- College Board Advanced (AP) Examinations
- Pass a Basic Skills Examination from Another State
- CBEST Waivers are available for first-time applicants if BSR requirements are not met
Letter of Interest and two recent letters of recommendation
Upon successful completion of the interview, applicants will be given a conditional offer of employment to begin employment paperwork to include TB clearance and criminal background check. COVID Vaccination or weekly testing is required.
NOTE: Successful employment applicants will be required to pay the cost of all pre-employment processing which may include: TB test, credential application fee(s), and fingerprint costs.
For more information on the substitute application process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 951-360-4124 or you can email email@example.com
Substitute Teacher Handbook 2021-2022.pdf
AB-1522 Letter to Substitute Teachers