Welcome to the Department of Planning & Development
Contact: (951) 360-4156
It is our privilege to serve the students, staff, and community in our district. The mission of the Planning & Development Department is to build and modernize school facilities that are safe, functional, modern, and relevant for the 21st century, in a cost-effective manner, and in collaboration with district stakeholders. By doing so, we promote the district’s promise of Learning Without Limits, helping to empower each student to unlock their potential and succeed in school, in career, and in life.
Planning & Development Department Responsibilities:
- Maintain the District’s Long-Range Facilities Master Plan
- Budget, design, plan, and seek funding for construction and modernization of district schools and facilities
- Oversight of the district's new construction and modernization projects from start to finish
- Monitor all residential and commercial developments within the district boundaries to determine potential enrollment impact to schools
- Assist with acquisition of sites when new schools are necessary
- Review and evaluate school site space utilization to monitor space capacities
- Provide information to the 2014 Measure EE Citizens’ Oversight Committee
We always welcome the input of students, staff, and the community on what is important to them when planning school improvement projects - is it school safety and security, repairing or replacing aging infrastructure, modernizing to improve accessibility, providing labs and technology to support hands-on science education? Please take our survey to let us know by clicking HERE.
JUSD Facilities Newsletter
Copyright © 2024 Jurupa Unified School District. All Rights Reserved.