4-6th Grade Band & Strings Overview
All students in the 4-6th grade have the option to play (1) instrument in band or strings. Students may only choose up to one (1) instrument but may perform in two ensembles (example: band & choir or strings & choir).
- In 4th grade – Students may choose from flute, clarinet, trumpet, violin, or viola.
- In 5th and 6th grade – Students may choose from flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, baritone horn, trombone, percussion (drums), violin, viola, or cello.
- Band & Strings classes are "pull-out" classes that will meet two (2) times per week during the school day.
- Students will be placed into classes based on their grade and level.
- Students will be expected to practice and maintain good standing academically to continue in the entirety of the year.
- Performances will be held throughout the year.
Please read the information below regarding the Instrumental Music Program for Band & Strings.
*Percussion is only being offered to 6th-grade students for the 2021-2022 school year.
Please contact Ms. Lin or Mrs. McLemore with questions!