In Jurupa Adult School's PT course you will learn the following:
- Assist in processing and dispensing prescriptions
- Implement knowledge in pharmacology, pharmacy
calculations and pharmacy practice
- Assist in compounding customized medication and
- Perform skills in aseptic technique
- Operate Pharmacy Management Software
- Fill and label prescriptions
- Implement knowledge of HIPAA and OSHA guidelines
- Maintain patient profiles
- Perform administrative duties and provide customer service
(This program is a hybrid class. Classroom instruction will take place on campus and online.)
Class is held Monday – Thursday from 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM on campus.
Tuition is $200.00 and includes textbooks, scrubs, and loaner laptop.
In addition, students will be required to pay for their finger prints and $200 for their Pharmacy Tech license.
The program requires the completion of 400 hours of instruction and 120 hours of externship (roughly 6 months) to be awarded a Certificate of Completion*.
During externship, the student will be sent to a pharmacy facility where they will receive hands on experience.
*Our program is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Steps to Apply
Fill out the online application here.
Attend mandatory orientation when available.
*We accept applications all year round. We will file your application and contact you when the next available class will begin.
*Candidates are not chosen on a first come first serve basis. After all orientations, applications shall be looked over thoroughly by a panel and qualified applications will be selected.