High School Diploma
Jurupa Adult School offers classes to assist you in completing your high school diploma. There is a refundable $60 deposit due at the time of enrollment. Classes meet Monday – Thursday from 5:30pm – 8:00 pm at the Jurupa Adult School. We also offer an online option, contact the office for more information. This program is aligned to meet academic standards and has a flexible study schedule that you can do at home.
The high school diploma program is an independent study course.
What does this mean?
Prospective students only meet with their teacher 1 day out of the week (M – TH). On this day they can speak with their teacher, receive new courses, turn in assignments, and receive letter grades for completed courses. Although students can work on their own at home, tests must be done at the school site. Students do not have to wait for their assigned day to test. Tests can be done any day of the week (M – TH) between the hours of 5:30 PM and 8:00 PM in the testing room.
For online, you meet with your teacher only once for setup on Odysseyware. Homework and tests are done online.
How many credits are required to graduate?
Jurupa Adult School requires a total of 190 credits for a student to graduate with a high school diploma. If a student comes in to our program with 190 or more credits, 2 classes are still required to be completed in order to be awarded a high school diploma from Jurupa Adult School. Keep in mind that having 190 or more credits does not necessarily mean you are finished. You must have completed each required course with full credit.
What are the required courses?
The required courses for graduation are as follows:
40 Credits in English
20 Credits in Math
10 Credits of Algebra 1
10 Credits of HS Math
20 Credits in Science
10 Credits of Biological Science
10 Credits of Physical Science
30 Credits in History/Social Science
10 Credits of World History
10 Credits of US History
5 Credits of US Government
5 Credits of Economics
10 Credits in Fine Arts/Foreign Language
70 Credits in Electives
Steps for Registration
- Schedule an Appointment
Obtain Official Transcripts from all schools where classes were completed
- Appointments fill up fast and there are limited spots, so call ASAP
Attend Registration Appointment
- Transcripts must be sealed and stamped with the school seal or signed by school official
- Opened Transcripts will not be accepted
What to bring to your Appointment?
- Government issued photo ID
- $60 CASH deposit
- Official Transcripts (Sealed and Stamped/Signed)
*Arrive on time! We give a 30 minute grace period, after which you will no longer be allowed to attend and must reschedule if appointments are available.
*No children allowed on campus, no exceptions! Please make arrangements beforehand.
What to expect from your Appointment?
- Complete the School Registration Form
- Attend Same Day Orientation
- Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems (CASAS) Test will be administered. This is roughly a 2 hour assessment test. It is not a pass or fail test so do not worry, but please do try your best.
- Recieve Jurupa Adult School Student ID Badge
Pay the High School Diploma program Deposit
- Photo will be taken same day
Recieve Registration Complete Card
After your Appointment
- Attend First Day of Class
- Your first day of class, classroom number, and assigned teacher are written on your Registration Completed Card.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.