GED Preparation Class
Our GED preparation class is designed to help students succeed when taking the GED Exam. Our class Focuses on the 4 subject areas of: Math, Science, Social Studies, and Language Arts. Jurupa Adult School offers classes in both English and Spanish. Prior to attending our program, students must make an appointment, attend registration and take the CASAS assessment test.
What is the GED?
The GED is an exam that is considered equivalent to the
completion of a High School Diploma.
Those who receive their GED must pass 4 tests in the
basic subject areas of Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, and Math.
The GED certificate is accepted by over 97% of colleges and employers.
What is the Class Schedule?
Classes meet Monday – Thursday from 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM.
Where can I take the Test?
The GED exam is not administered at the Jurupa Adult School.
However, resources will be provided to assist students in finding a GED Testing
Steps for Registration
- Schedule an Appointment
Attend Registration Appointment
- Appointments fill up fast and there are limited spots, so call ASAP
What to bring to your Appointment?
- Government issued photo ID
*Arrive on time! We give a 15 minute grace period, after which you will no longer be allowed to attend and must reschedule if appointments are available.
*No children allowed on campus, no exceptions! Please make arrangements beforehand.
What to expect from your Appointment?
- Complete the School Registration Form
- Attend Same Day Orientation
- Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems (CASAS) Test will be administered. This is roughly a 1 hour assessment test. It is not a pass or fail test so do not worry, but please do try your best.
- Receive Jurupa Adult School Student ID Badge
Receive Registration Complete Card
- Photo will be taken same day
After your Appointment
- Attend First Day of Class
- Your first day of class, classroom number, and assigned teacher are written on your Registration Completed Card.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.