In 1886, Pleasant Valley School was constructed in an area located off of Highway 60 near Etiwanda Avenue. Pleasant Valley School, later named Pumpkin Patch School, was renamed Union Joint School.
In 1958, the 8-room Union Joint School was condemned and replaced in 1959 by Mission Bell Elementary School, located on Conning St.
The bell from the old Union Joint School was moved to Mission Bell where it still exists today as a historical marker.
Today, the staff of Mission Bell Elementary School, together with the community, continues to aim to provide an academically rigorous education for our students, while creating a climate that reinforces our awareness and appreciation of their heritage, their culture and their individual self-worth.
Mission Bell knows no limits to the academic success of each child.