July 7, 2020
Last night, the JUSD Board of Education voted 5-0 to open schools on August 6th in a Distance Learning only model. The district acknowledges the community may have questions related to the decision. As additional information is available, we will update the community through social media, our website, Q Communications, FAQs, and other district communication channels.
How will distance learning work in August 2020?
The fall 2020 JUSD distance learning program means students will remain at home and teachers will instruct students remotely.
The program will look substantially different from spring. Here are some of the basic elements:
- Students will be required to attend online daily direct instruction from their teacher (in each class for secondary students).
- Attendance will be taken from teacher led online lessons.
- In addition to online direct instruction, work will be assigned to be completed and turned in.
- Grades will be recorded and posted in the traditional manner (letter grades for secondary, 1-4 marks for elementary).
- The standards taught will be appropriate to the students' current 2020/2021 grade level.
Specific details will be provided in the upcoming weeks prior to the opening of school August 6th.
Distance Learning Communication