I am energized and deeply committed to making a positive difference in the lives of our children. At Sunnyslope, we will accomplish this by setting high academic expectations for all students and providing supportive systems to assure they are met. Teachers will continue to collaborate and build instruction of the Common Core Standards and communicate with you regarding student progress, so necessary intervention and enrichment can be offered. As Sunnyslope Dinos, we will also continue to build our Positive Behavior Program with knowledge and practice of social skills.
Great success at any school does not happen without a team effort. We invite you to become an active participant in our school community through volunteering, joining our PTA, as well as attending and supporting school events. Throughout the year, you will be receiving announcements of upcoming meetings, parent-teacher conferences, assemblies, etc. I ask that you please be a part of the Sunnyslope school community and that you support our school by attending these important functions. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Practices basic math facts and looks for examples of how math is a part of their world
5) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
6) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
7) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and to give his/her very best
We will make communication a top priority and invite you to partner with us as we absolutely can grow stronger together. I look forward to working with our remarkable staff, involved parents, and committed students in the year ahead.