The philosophy of the GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) program is to provide enriched and accelerated activities for students based upon individual abilities.
- Ensure mastery and expansion of basic skills. Enrich educational opportunities in the basic skills commensurate with potential.
- Allow a child to cognitively progress at an enriched rate.
- Broaden and deepen the learning experience.
- Encourage creativity and problem-solving abilities.
- Extend horizons beyond the classroom.
All students in grades second through sixth have the opportunity to become an identified Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) student based on the approved identification criteria. All 2nd grade students will take the OLSAT (Otis-Lennon School Ability Test), which measures scholastic achievement. Advanced learners in kindergarten through 1st grade are supported with differentiated instruction in the classroom.