Where do I register for the SAT/ACT?
- Creat your account
- Remember your username and password
- Fill in all required information
When should I take these tests?
Students should take them in the spring of their JUNIOR year and again in the fall of their SENIOR year to try improving their scores.
How much does it cost?
The SAT costs $46 without the essay
$60 with the essay*
The ACT costs $46 without the essay
$62.50 with the essay*
*To determine if you should register for the essay portion, look at the admissions requirements for the schools you are applying to.
How do I pay for it?
The student may qualify for a fee waiver for both the SAT and ACT.
You're eligible for fee waivers if you say "yes" to any of these items:
- You receive Free and Reduced Lunch
- Your annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
- You're enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (i.e. Upward Bound).
- Your family receives public assistance.
- You live in federally subsidized public housing or a foster home, or are homeless.
- You are a ward of the state or an orphan.
The student should come to the CAREER CENTER to receive their fee waiver.
Students are allowed to take each test twice with a fee waiver. Any tests taken after that must be paid for by the individual.
If the student does not qualify for a fee waiver, they will pay at the end of the online registration with debit, credit, check or pay pal.
Family Income Chart
How should I prepare for these tests?
Check out the test websites for FREE practice questions and full-length practice tests.
There are some FREE apps for sample test questions as well:
Daily Practice for the New SAT
What is the difference between the SAT and ACT?
Here are some comparisons of the two tests: