Jurupa Middle School (JMS), home of the Panthers, proudly serves the central portion of the Jurupa Unified School District. JMS is the oldest of the three middle schools serving the Jurupa Unified School District since 1951. Jurupa Middle School serves 1240 students in grades 7 and 8.
JMS offers a comprehensive middle school program designed to meet the intellectual, social, and emotional needs of middle school students transitioning into a high school program. The curriculum provides all students with instruction in the areas of English, Reading, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and Physical Education. A variety of electives are offered including ASB, AVID, Art, Band (Concert Band, Jazz Band, and Drumline), Computers, Choir, Journalism, Spanish, Study Skills, Video Production, Yearbook, Reading, and Math intervention classes.
Jurupa Middle School makes an impact on all students by empowering all students to achieve personal excellence.
JMS Motto for Positive Behavior is: Be Respectful, Be Safe, Be Responsible.
Jurupa Middle School is a community of learners.
* Staff members analyze common assessment data and utilize current research-based practices to promote success for all students.
* Staff members provide a caring and safe environment where all students can learn.
* Staff members work collaboratively to build collegiality through teamwork.
* Interventions are in place and subject to periodic re-evaluation and improvement.
* A positive environment fosters learning in every classroom with PBIS strategies.
* Students are focused, actively involved and motivated.